Onion could help in hair growth and prevent hair fall. Onions are high on sulfur content and sulfur helps in increasing blood circulation. It also prevents skin inflammation due to its antibacterial properties. Onion juice makes your hair stronger, opens up the pores of your hair follicles that were blocked and prevents scalp infections at the same time.
- Blend two or more onions, add a small quatity of water and extract the juice.
- Strain the juice and apply this on your scalp avoid coating hair with this liquid.
- Leave it for 30 min and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Apply this on alternate days.
- You could also try mixing some rose water to avoid the smell.
One Study from the Journal of Dermatology found that just after four weeks of using onion juice, 74% of individuals with alopecia areata experienced significant hair regrowth. Within six weeks of using onion juice, 84% of the individuals were reported to have hair regrowth. So it’s a scientifically proven fact that onions are good for hair regrowth.